Embarking on a journey from the enchanting hills of Nainital to the untamed wilderness of Jim Corbett National Park is a seamless transition from tranquility to adventure. This unparalleled experience offers a perfect blend of natural beauty, rich heritage, and thrilling wildlife encounters that will leave you spellbound.
How long is the drive from Nainital to Jim Corbett National Park?
If you’re planning a road trip from Nainital to Jim Corbett National Park, the distance is approximately 70 to 80 kilometers, and under normal traffic conditions, the drive should take around 2 hours and 30 minutes.
During your journey from Nainital to Jim Corbett National Park, you’ll find some excellent places to stop and explore. These include attractions like the RamGanga Dam Project and MAHADEV HEALTH CARE. Another popular option is the revered Shri Tarkeshwar Dham Mandir located in Lansdowne.
Distance Between Nainital to Jim Corbett
It takes approximately 70 to 80 kilometers by road.
Distance between Nainital to Corbett by Flight is – 69 Kms
Travel Time from Nainital to Corbett by Road is – Around 2 to 3 hours
Nearest Airport in Nainital – Pantnagar
Nearest Airport in Corbett – Pantnagar.
Best stops along Nainital to Jim Corbett National Park drive:
The drive from Nainital to Jim Corbett National Park also offers a picturesque route through the scenic landscape of Uttarakhand, India. Here are some recommended stops and attractions along the way:
- Kaladhungi Museum: This museum is dedicated to Jim Corbett’s life and his conservation efforts. It’s located in the town of Kaladhungi and provides insights into the history of the region and its wildlife.
- Corbett Waterfall: A beautiful waterfall located a short distance from Ramnagar. It’s a great place to stretch your legs and enjoy the natural surroundings.
- Dhangarhi Museum: Inside the Jim Corbett National Park, this museum provides information about the park’s flora, fauna, and conservation efforts. It’s a good opportunity to learn about the park’s biodiversity.
- Dhikuli: A small village situated along the Kosi River, Dhikuli offers serene river views and is a popular spot for wildlife photography and birdwatching.
- Garija Devi Temple: As you approach Ramnagar, you’ll find this temple dedicated to Goddess Parvati. The temple is located on a large rock in the middle of the Kosi River and is worth a visit.
- Ramnagar Market: If you’re interested in local handicrafts, spices, and souvenirs, Ramnagar’s market is a good place to explore.
- Mohan: A village located near the entrance of Jim Corbett National Park. It’s a good place to stop for refreshments and enjoy views of the surrounding landscape.
- Vatsyayana Resort: Vatsyayana is the India’s finest couple only resorts, offering world class accommodations, gourmet dining and gorgeous surroundings, set in the beautiful 180˚ panoramic view of the himalayan range such as nanda devi, trishul, panchacholi, nepalese hills, pangot, kedarnath, yamunotri and many more.
- Jim Corbett National Park: Of course, the primary attraction is the national park itself. If you have time, you could take a safari to explore the park’s diverse wildlife and natural beauty.
Remember that road conditions and travel times can vary, so it’s advisable to plan your stops based on your preferences and the time available. Also, make sure to check the latest information about these attractions and stops before your trip.
The journey from Nainital to Jim Corbett is more than a mere geographical transition; it’s a spiritual awakening to the wonders of nature and the resilience of wildlife. Nainital’s serene beauty and Jim Corbett’s wild expanse complement each other, leaving travelers with an experience that lingers long after they return home.
If you’re yearning to explore this captivating journey and immerse yourself in the harmonious blend of tranquility and adventure, pack your bags and set forth on a voyage that promises memories of a lifetime.